Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I got the go ahead with a nice loan from the Bank.

Here is a list of stuff I would like to buy for my SVT. Some other stuff has to be bought from other websites.

If you have any suggestions or know any cheaper websites...let me know! I haven't bought this yet...this is only a wish list for reference.

Thanks for your help!

CFM's Website

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
Loos the denso plugs there worthless

I can get you into the
ProCharger for 3450.00
CM clutch for 469.00
You can get the thurmostat at advance for 8.00 for a 96 contour 2.0 Zetec
The oil pump isnt needed unless you building a killer engine and/or going above 7500RPM
Get the torson LSD much cheaper and works as good

Im sure CFM will match my prices if you get the rest from them

Tom

·
Registered
411 Posts
Denso iridium plugs worthless? I'm not one to argue with someone much more kownledgeable than myself but I thought they were really good? I was actually going to replace my stock ones with them when the time comes. Would it not be worth it? Or what...

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Looks like Quaife reduced their pricing since the Torsen came out.

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
Denso iridium plugs worthless? I'm not one to argue with someone much more kownledgeable than myself but I thought they were really good? I was actually going to replace my stock ones with them when the time comes. Would it not be worth it? Or what...
Tested them on the dyno and found them to be slightly less or the same power as the stock SVT Plugs for much more money, With FI stick with the AZFS22C plugs

Irid. and Plat. plugs are made to withstand heat and plug build up part of how this is done is the plugs are a hotter heat range and this keeps the build up burned off but are such a high heat range that i dont recomend them for FI or anything performance
So if you have a daily driver with nothing done to it dont want to change plugs for 50,000 to 100,000 miles and you dont get out there and play then go for either one maybe even the double Plat, plugs BUT if your a gear head stick with the cooler range plugs like the AZFS22C and there only like $8.00 at ford

Tom

·
Registered
511 Posts
^^^ Yeah, I thought a UDP was not recommended for a SC application (robs boost).

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would definately like to build a killer engine with a Supercharger. Tom, if you can get me the Supercharger and Clutch cheaper for me, I will happily buy it, and when I come up on the GTG, I'll pick it up. Perhaps we can install it too?

@ KentSVT, great find on the price! Save me $200 for other stuff on the car. Tom, can you match the price?

If the UDP is not recommended, then I can do without. I looked up some threads about it, and it does appear that no many people recommend it. I also just remembered that the Overdrive SC Crank is for the Jackson Racing or Vortech SC, so that's a no go.

Now I just remembered that I wantef to upgrade the valvetrain with some Crane valve springs & retainers, along with some new valves. I know it doesn't have much HP gain, but I will use them as a safety precausion.

I have a nice $12,000 loan, and am considering a whole rebuild. I'll see what happens. Any suggestions on that?

I replaced the image above with a new list.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
I would talk with b16sir cause he had a procharger on his car and knows exactly what you need/should get for it. Good luck man and when your finished lemme know how you like it, cause I wanna get a 8 psi procharger for mine for better reliability and whatnot, but am not sure on if I wanna do it yet or not, so lemme know how you like it. Make a complete write up on it when your finished on if you like it or not also :D I'll be lookin ;) good luck man and congrats!
-Joe

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
I wont try to match it , Like i said if you get all the other stuff from CFM Ill bet they will try to match it

There wont be time to do an install or tuning at the GTG

Tom

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
avengerc4 said:
I would talk with b16sir... ...good luck man and congrats!
-Joe
I'll be glad to do a write up for others to benefit. I can't wait to get everything ready.

and Tom, that's no problem...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Here is my engine wish list:

Complete engine by focus-power (ported head, billet internals, etc.)
W/ WRC Block
W/ 2.3L Zetec Stroker Kit (if possible)
Procharger and all supporting fuel system requirements.

Not really looking for massive power (wanting 280-300), but wanting to make it bulletproof.

How much for a setup like that Tom??? So I can start saving my lunch money.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Tom, I forgot to ask you one more question on the phone. This is something my wife actually asked...lol.

Will A/C still be available? We already have 3 cars, but I guess it's for her sake in case we do a GTG or go to the track.

Edit In: I called Pro Charger, and a guess I didn't get the right guy to talk too. He pointed out specifically that there is no upgrade kit, and that the Intercooler that comes with it is rated at 500Hp.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Damn... One hell of a loan.. Lucky bastard!

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tell me about it! Maybe we should do another GTG when the engine is ready to be dropped in. [:)]

·
Registered
411 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Tested them on the dyno and found them to be slightly less or the same power as the stock SVT Plugs for much more money, With FI stick with the AZFS22C plugs

Irid. and Plat. plugs are made to withstand heat and plug build up part of how this is done is the plugs are a hotter heat range and this keeps the build up burned off but are such a high heat range that i dont recomend them for FI or anything performance
So if you have a daily driver with nothing done to it dont want to change plugs for 50,000 to 100,000 miles and you dont get out there and play then go for either one maybe even the double Plat, plugs BUT if your a gear head stick with the cooler range plugs like the AZFS22C and there only like $8.00 at ford

Tom
Ok so since I really ony have a CAI and am not going to go FI anytime soon would the ford plugs be a better buy then those denso's?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts