Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Duratec with manual transmission and have been using the digital tach trick, but it's time to get the real cluster. The car is so [email protected] quiet, I can't ever hear the engine revving up. [;)]

I called my local Ford dealer and asked about a tach upgrade so I can stay legal with the mileage, and he gets back to me with the news that there is no tach cluster available for my VIN. [8] Is this possible?

I've noticed a lot of clusters on eBay, and thought of getting one with the mileage as close as possible to the original. Some of the listings show codes like CA023 and ID#98AB-10849-HH for example. Is this something I need to be concerned with? Some people just list it as '01-'04 cluster.

Also, the owner's manual shows a different cluster for the 2.3-L PZEV, which is what I have. Would there be any harm in using the other one if that's all I can find? They look almost the same, except for a traction control light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
they are not all the same. 01-04 zetec's are interchageable, 05/06 duratec needs 05/06 cluster. i don't know for the 04 2.3 duratecs , i think any other duratec cluster will work. I don't think the ID# matters. I have a 05 duratec and picked one up and none of the #'s matched up and it still worked fine. shop around for the cluster, was quote $60-$100 ended up paying only $35 [thumb] .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts