Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 5 speed Focus I cant seem to find any upgraded parts for this thing and every part I find is around $20 the problem is I've already snapped 3 of them and when they snap they take the driveshaft with them. I apologize if it's already been cover I've ran a few searches but couldn't find anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
On my 2012 5 speed Focus I cant seem to find any upgraded parts for this thing and every part I find is around $20 the problem is I've already snapped 3 of them and when they snap they take the driveshaft with them. I apologize if it's already been cover I've ran a few searches but couldn't find anything.
Looks like the driver side motor mount. If you are having bad luck with cheap aftermarket ones, get an OEM mount to replace it. While you are at it, get the Focus Electric torque strut mount to replace the lower one. It goes at the location #11 in your diagram but the stiffer electric mount will look a bit different with a round rubber core that is solid rather than the stock one that has holes for added flexibility. Problem is that it is too flexible.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
A Good possibility is to replace your dogbone (lower mount) w/ a poly one, as its possible the engine is rocking to much for the alloy trans mount tower. Really never seen that problem before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts