Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a little over 3000 on my Z and its time for an oil change, Ive decided to go with Amsoil 5W-20, what is the part number for their oil filter and has anyone who has switched to a full synthetic been able to tell a difference?

·
Registered
281 Posts
DO a search for the little topic about oil filters we had not too long ago in the Zetec Performance section. You will find all answers there.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I run a full synthetic in my focus. Im not to sure how I feel about it just yet. Im on my second oil change of it. Im using mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30. Im kinda paranoid that its harming my car in some way to be honest. It doesnt seem as quiet as it used to, but it could just be me. Otherwise it seems ok, anyone know if you can switch back to a non-synthetic after you've used a full synthetic? Ive heard all kinds of rumors and stuff about not being able to switch because it like coats the inside of your motor or something?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Yes you can switch back to dino oil... you can mix synthetics and dino oil too. I am still scratching my head why your using 5W-30 though. If I were to use a synthetic, I would use either 0W-20 or 5W-20. It is a big misconception that thicker oil protects better.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I switch to full synthetic when I hit 12K miles.
Don't really notice any performance gains but did notice that when I check my oil at 3K after the oil change that my oil is still clear.
When I used regular dino oil, my oil was dirty when I checked it at 1K after an oil change and black by the time I would hit 2.5 to 3K miles after an oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts