Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this started the other day...

I'm stopped in traffic. I'm not moving, the cars around me aren't moving, and suddenly the parking sensors start beeping at me as if I'm getting too close to something while parking. There's nothing within 6 feet of the front bumper. Sometimes happens while moving slowly, like coming to a stop at a light.

The car wasn't very dirty, but a wash seems to have helped, it's a lot less frequent while the car is freshly washed, but this doesn't seem normal.

I'm wondering if this might be the APIM, and if it might be covered under the warranty extension that seems to be on that unit. Well, I was thinking that I'd get it diagnosed because of the issues with the back-up camera anyway...

Time for another trip back to the dealer it seems.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks. This car just seemed to have all of the problems waiting in the wings. Whoever traded it in did so at (it seems) just the right time.

To Ford's credit, so far everything has been covered, either by the dealer or by Ford warranty, but then for the first couple months, this car went back to the dealer to have something else fixed more often than it went to the gas station for fuel, and I've just been dealing with the backup camera not working (Annoying though that is)

Another reason to suspect the APIM though, is once in a while the backup camera sort of works, but the image displays upside down on the screen. I am not sure if it still mirror images the video, now that I think about it, it's not like I'm counting on it. Sometimes the guide lines for the distance and steering appear, but I think that was the time that it worked like it should. The notification to mind your surroundings does still appear on the video, right side up.

Anyway, the backup camera is one thing, but that "Too close" warning chime is another, and makes the car unpleasant to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts