Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 Titanium is stuck in my driveway because of the parking aide problem. It looks like I have to get it towed to the dealer.

the engine will turn over but will not start. I'm taking it that this most likely is a TCM problem. Ive got 105,000 on it with the only issue being the transmission problem.

Am I missing anything before I get it towed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 focus. got the parkin aid malfunction. but along with it we have no power to the seats windows sunroof no sound fr the stereo. and the drivers window is halfway down. anyone have this prob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similat error display with Tourneo Connect 2017

Hi isn't it good of Ford to inform you that it has been snowing outside your car :)
Chris
With my Ford Tourneo Connect 2017 is "common" to display sometimes messages like this about parking helper, but once you stop the engine and re start again the error message dissapears.

a.-Is good or bad this excess of nonsense info?
b.-Where the hell is available some error list and what is causing each?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this is a really old thread but I found it while researching this issue.

I have a 2012 titanium with 93k miles on it. I bought it used with about 76k miles and have had it in to the dealership 2x now to have the clutch pack replaced. After the last visit about a month or so ago I started to have starting issues.

The first time the car would not start I was able to jump it but received an error message saying there was a transmission malfunction. This went away right away and the vehicle drove normally.

2 days later the vehicle would not start again so I had it jumped again. This time the door chime went off repeatedly. Meaning even after I checked doors, hatch etc... it continuously went off for my hour long drive home. Chime was gone the next day.

Couple days later the car won't start again so I get a new battery figuring maybe that was the issue. Car worked good for a week until yesterday when it would not start and would not jump. I now have the park aid malfunction error. My titanium does not have park assist, or the camera, it just has the rear sensors.

I called ford to figure out where to go from here and I'm told they're busy and the earliest they can see me is October 30th... a month away. Called another ford dealership and was told to stick with the other one since they've seen the car before. I now have a car I cannot drive and don't have a backup for the next month... this focus is really starting to get to me. If only it would start so I could trade it in.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts