Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow MK2 owners, I have a 2011 SES that I always drive with the parking and fog lights on. I get tired of turning them on/off each time I enter/exit the vehicle. (I drive 130 miles round trip 6 days a week to work so I'm in my car A LOT!)

I would like to know if there is a way to rewire the light switch so that I can leave the switch turned on (park lights and fog lights) and have it work off of my ignition switch. Then, all I would need to do is turn the headlamps on and off for night time driving.

I know I'm going to get critisized for driving with my fog lights on but I like them that way so thats the way I am going to drive it. [thankyou]

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would just wire them up as "driving lights". Just need to figure out which relays turn on those lights. I looked into this a year or so ago and eventually ran out of time so I never got it working. I bought aftermarket fogs and I wanted to be able to turn them on with the factory fog switch.

Basically you feed power to the relay (once you determine which relay is the correct one) from a source that is on with the ignition. Power isn't run directly through the switch.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'll do some reading and try to decipher my service manual. Maybe I can figure something out...

Anyone else have anything to add?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well the MK2 has a battery minding system, so if you just leave the switch on the lights will automatically go off in 10 minutes. Not ideal, but at least you would have to turn it off. [;)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts