Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
How expensive is a PDR usually? I'm thinking around $100 per dent yeah? So you could have three dents repaired on your car for the price of that kit.

I think it'd only be worth it is you were considering making money doing PDR. It wouldn't be worth it if you were just repairing a few dents on your own car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^yea thats what im thinking about doing though actually. Not to mention the 2 that are bugging me recently got inserted into my quarter panel by someones ass. Then there are 2 slight ones on the drivers door and one in the fender that is small. So it would actually pay for its self with just my car. Im also friends with 3 body shop owners that once I get good would be willing to contract me in to do this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
waste of money IMO. You can make most of those tools yourself. The basic conecpt of paintless dent removal is getting acces to the dent from behind. Once you locate the dent you VERY SLOWLY pry it up. You can use an "S" hoot and key ring to use as a fulcrum for better leverage and control. Once the dent is close to original, you wetsand the area with 2000-3000 grit paper to blend in the blemishes and then buff out the scratches with polishing compounds. I would buy a scrap door panel from a junk yard and practice on that and save some money. Once you get comfortable, start on your car. The knowledge you will pick up will be worth way more than that kit, plus you will still have to learn how to use it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
one of my best friends recently passed away and I inherited his pdr stuff. I have a duffle bag that is loaded with a couple dozen different pdr tools. Although that kit you posted would get the job done for the most part. I'm guessing if you want to do it right and do it well it will take a slew of tools like my friends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paintless dent repair tools

All the kits are amazing! Actually Most car owners avoid getting their vehicle repaired due to the fear of being unable to afford their deductibles. Conversely, PDR offers a way to bring their car back to life without having to spend additional money on repairs already covered under their vehicle’s warranty.

In addition to PDR being a speedy and inexpensive method, it offers perfect restoration without rendering the manufacturer’s warranty void and comes strongly recommended by most insurance companies

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Pro's do this at body shops & car lots & you'd never know it.....It does take patience & mirrors.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had a dent in my hatch, and had a guy do this. I was watching while he did it and he was making me nervous, but 10 minutes later I had a flawless repair. Hot glue, suction cups and heat can work wonders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts