Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing a pillar with dual pods. The new pillar is black, the interior of my car is gray(it is an 04 zx3 if that matters). I was wondering what is the best paint and which color would it be to get this interior piece to match the original fairly well. Doesnt have to be perfect but I want it to look good. Thanks for any help.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
If you are willing to do so, go to a plastic model shop, and see what colors of spray paint they have that will closely match.

There are no shops here so I went with actual Primer, with several coats of sanding and clear coat. You can't tell with a quick glance or from the outside. Especially at night, it's harder to tell.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
You may be able to get a paint code (maybe) from the FORD PARTS DEPARTMENT..... it's worth a shot. Also, there's probably (in major cities anyway) vinyl/interior repair shops that can easily colormatch a bomb for you or even paint it for you. Check with the bodyshops also......

That or just take the piece into the Autozone or wherever and match as closely as you can.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been wondering this same thing ...I found that vht brand makes interior plastic paint and they have one that is called ford light grey ...I'm not sure if this is the actual color or not ...but it's only 8 dollars for a can so I guess it's worth a try ...good luck

·
Registered
103 Posts
There is no need for specialty paints or anything of that sort. I painted all of my a-pillars and such with a can of cheap flat black from a hardware store and it looks OEM. I will try to take and post some pictures later so you can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts