Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some hella lights and painted them CD Silver to match my car, and fitment aside, I'm really impressed. I love the look. So, I was trying to find some cool taillights (damned near impossible for us Sedans) and all I can find is the APCs and altezzas. I don't like the Altezzas, so I decided to think about the APCs.

Someone who has these lights would probably know... I want to seperate the lens and light assembly from the fake carbon fiber part of the tails, sand and prime it, then paint the areas that were CF to match the CD Silver.

I haven't seen it done, so I don't know quite how it would look, but I think I'll like it... Then, antoher question, I'd rather not put the lens back on. I assume the bulbs need some kind of cover. Is there any plastic covers I can get to fill the light assembly (think F430 style?) or anything?

Also, still very open to new tails, I've seen APC lights that don't fit so well (JDM Spec differences?) and am not very attached to them, besides being the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i painted my old chrome taillight in flat black last year (APC). if i remember right only the hatchback have fitting issues

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, that's exactly the area I'd want painted. It also looks like fitment is fine on yours, must've been the altezzas I saw before with a wierd gap.

Good work with the car, too. It's interesting to see what you've changed since the first picture. Those rims work real nice with the color you've got. And that old exhuast HAD to go... Nice focus, though, takes skill to make a classy focus sedan.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah I did a similar thing years back with the ugly hatchback APC Altezzas, painted them black then a buddy of mine colormatched them to his white exterior. Looked very very very good!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts