Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about smoothing (the texture out of the plastic) and painting my mirrors gloss black... like the whole thing not just get svt mirrors and paint the caps... any thoughts on how this might look? its a black 05 zx3...

·
Registered
120 Posts
i would like to do this as well.. im just not sure how to go about painting the whole mirror mount... i would assume the actual mirror itself would have to be taken out .. and i don'tknow how to do this.. in other words.. i would also like some help here...
D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yeah i've been looking to do this myself, but never really got around to it this summer. i was gonna do the door pillars and triangles too. the mirror would have to be taken off to do it though. i've always thought it would look good. post some pics if you decide to go through with it.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was ganna take it to the body shop that repaired the egg damage to my car and have them do it... if time and money allow im ganna do this soon... but i go back to school in a weekish so i duno...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Try here guys. I have done it once. Be REALLY careful when prying off the plastic piece because its NOT hard to break a clip, trust me. But once off, you will have to sand it down pretty well to remove all of the texture, then spray it.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i considered doing it myself but id much rather trust the body shop then me when it comes to painting... im really really bad :p

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Its a good choice. The work required to get it sanded down right, and the quality paint you would need for the appropriate look is well worth having to pay. It wuold be way to hard to do on your own. I removed mine in the hopes of doing them in the true SVT fashion, but found it to be WAAAY too much work.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I was thinking of something similar. Once I get this whole fiberglass thing down I was going to cover them in fiberglass, maybe add some shape to them or some sort of inconspicuous "scoop" to them, or if I could find the right lights, add directionals to them. The fiberglass would be easier to smooth and the paint would probly stick better. IMO.

Right now my adventures in fiberglass are horrifc stories, so this isn't happening soon, but if you have experience, feel free to steal my idea.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
sounds like a cool idea with the glass. I was lazy and spent the 35 bucks for aftermarket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts