Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so im thinking to paint my stock rims, coz i dont think im gonna be able to afford a new set of nice rims, so what im thinking is to make them flat back with yellow lip and yellow stripes kinda thing where the stock rims have those texture stripes if you know what i mean lol
lol excuse my paint skills but heres the idea, so just wanna know if anyone ever did anything like that on the yellow or w.e. color foci,
or should i just do the yellow lip and leave those stripes alone?
any suggestions or even pics would appriciated

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
def. leave out the stripe things going up and down the spokes. the outer yellow lip though is sick! DOOO ITTTTT!

It's all up to you though. It's what you think looks good for your foci. My buddy has a foci though and he painted his rims just as you photoshopped in your picture...same color and everything...and when i see him coming down the road, it looks like his car is riding on daisys...i don't know i just think that it looks like a flower if you do that.

Your call though! Good luck!

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
nice, and yes paint the yellow outer lip..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
here...check this out.

I did your rim concept to an old picture of my foci.

i did it both ways so you can see the difference.

hmmm....i kinda wanna do this to my foci...nice idea!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
woops...the picture is kind of small. If you click it, it will open up another web broswer window and it will be bigger.

if it isn't, let me know and I will adjust the picture

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya looks allright, but i was just thinking even for the outer lip, i dont think i saw any matching yellow rim paint, so im gonna check again tomorrow and if not, i guess im gonna have to go with just flat black spray :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
as long as it's close in color you will be alright. Since the rims aren't that close to the body of the car, you won't really notice any slight difference in color. Have you tried going to a ford dealership? I know that they can be a little expensive sometimes but if you are looking for color matched paint, that might be the only way. Some colors are hard to find in automotive stores.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup, i already went to the dealer and tried to get some paint, but only make tochpaint, not the spray paint, so i dont it will very good if im gonna brush paint my rims :)

·
Banned
621 Posts
Use that brush on ceramic paint they sell for painting your brake calipers. I think they got yellow..

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hey, check this out...... I know you don't have the EAPs, but you get the same general Idea about the black rims and colormatched lip...... look at the very last pic to see what I mean... http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174369&page=4

and just get some color matched paint, sand your wheels (or do something to roughen them up lol) and prime it and put the paint on.....

oh yeah, and I mean SCROLL! down to the bottom of the page, pic #6 [thumb]

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
red or white or yellow or whatever color lip FTL! thats getting old very fast! plus if you have never done it before I recomend you dont practice on your car haha! results can be nasty!

and if you use MS paint like you paint wheels... :S then please dont do it lol!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^It might be over played on the site... But around P'cola Im unique. Although.. I wish the Black Euros werent has Popular as they are now....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts