Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im making my car look new, like everything under the hood, and outside, i really just want to make my car look clean. I have lowering springs (previous owner) and they are looking rusty, how do i paint them for good?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got teh same qustion i need to work on thebody of my car my car is red and yuo can see every little spec on it need a paint job what would the price range be on that
?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paint jobs are a little expensive i would estimate at least $600 to over a grand. i know someone and they said i could sand and do all the prep work at his garage and he would help me prime it and paint it for the cost of paint

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Ive never seen a paint job for under $800 (besides those macco rattle-can crap jobs).

Anyhow, for your springs, check for rust. If they are rusting, then consider replacing them, otherwise you could try plasti-dipping them.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Rusting springs would be better to be replaced. Could be developing weak spots. Otherwise clean/neutralize the rust then paint or Plasti-dip as Viper said.

Good paint job for whole car should be around $2000-$3000 depending on shop. If they'd let you do the prep work then you could save major $$$. Alot of shops won't though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well since he's a family friend and he loves showing people what he does for a living he is more than happy to show me how to do everything and work with him. Just gotta pay for materials [:D]

AND I LOVE THE TWIGHLIGHT BLUE, so i would stick with the stock color. plus i only want to paint outside, not in the engine area or inside the doors. I just want a nice fresh coat of awesomeness

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I love TW blue too, looks so good under the sun. I thought it'd be a cool color to do in a satin finish

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
well since he's a family friend and he loves showing people what he does for a living he is more than happy to show me how to do everything and work with him. Just gotta pay for materials [:D]

AND I LOVE THE TWIGHLIGHT BLUE, so i would stick with the stock color. plus i only want to paint outside, not in the engine area or inside the doors. I just want a nice fresh coat of awesomeness
My brother who was in paint and body for 20+ years did the same thing with me back in the day. Learned a lot. Wish he still did it so I could just pay for materials and do the work myself and have access to a shop and equipment to do it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts