Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've already getting the door repainted (long story, but car got screwed with earlier in the year, door get banged up), so i was thinkin bout having the grill painted (black or color matched, not sure?), along with the mirrors (get them painted like svt mirrors) and that black strip on the hatch (color matched of course). but my mom starts getting pissy about how all of its plastic and is gonna peel and chip in time. the way i see it, especially having it done by a body/paint shop, there shouldn't be any problem.

isn't it all just the same kind of plastic that is painted stock anyways? i mean the mirrors, the strip on the hatch, the grill, it's all the same material but sanded and painted when they come stock like that on the st's and svt's right? so there shouldn't be any problem with chipping/peeling if its done right...correct?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yeah, pretty much as i figured, mom is just bein dumb.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yea, its just painted to match, its the same pieces, ford isnt going to waste money on building seperate moldings for the painted ones. Im thinking about getting this done as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts