Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the charcoal/black interior on my car, and the light colored front pillars showing through the windshield really bother me... Does anyone recomend one brand over another of the interior paint. I want them to match the dash or at least be a dark charcoal color

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've seen Krylon Fusion used with great success on car interior trim. won't the headliner bother you after all that? lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd get some pictures up if I weren't so damn lazy... but I just used some enamel paint and made sure to prep the surface really well before I sprayed my pillars. I wasn't too worried about ruining them since I picked up some extras at the junk yard for like 10 bucks. But they came out really nice.

Along the lines of what Sassy said though, I plan on wrapping my headliner, the B pillars, and then painting the rear pillars the same as the As. Think it'll look pretty good... But yeah, point being, wrapping is also a viable option if you don't want to deal with using the right paint / prepping properly.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm no expert, but painting the A-pillars sounds like a really bad idea.

I'd try wrapping them first. Alcantara would be my first choice, followed by suede.

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts