Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if i could just use some sort of regular black paint to do my grill turn signals instead of the niteshade.....it just seems like a pain is the a$$ to get this paint off the net and wait for shipping when i could just get reg. paint anytime i want, just wondering what paint to use so i you can still see the blinkers when i'm turning....i did the mod so i only have them on when im turning.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
niteshades from ebay or massivespeedsystem should be shipped within a week.
It really does look best.
However, try looking at local hobby/train stores.

They carry a tinted enamel that people use on model cars and such. You have to brush it on, but you can fine sand it, and shoot some clear coat over it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i used regular window tint on my grille blinkers when i had the orange ones. top and bottom only, left the middle light strip normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking about just tinting them...did you take the light right off the grill? can you even do that? or did you just do em' while they were on? oh by the way thanks for the feedback guys

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
It's extremely difficult to remove the lens from the grille. Your best bet is to tape off your entire grill except for the area that you'd like painted.

---Randy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the feedback guys.....what paint should i use then? i know FOSHO told me to use the hobby paint but id rather spray it......but it will work best ill use the hobby paint

·
Registered
864 Posts
again get niteshade from massivespeedsystem. they are easy to work with and shit very fast.

·
Registered
464 Posts
they sh!t very fast?! hmm interesting........hahaha I THINK im not sure but I THINK you meant ship. but dont take my word for it cause like i said, im not sure!!! :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts