Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent all day painting my friends calibars red and we have alot of pain left over. I was wondering if it would look ugly to paint my drums red?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o they will look greta pain will be nice. I just wondered if painting drums would be like wierd. i wasn't going to pain calibars on front and leave drums.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I agree with Lil PZEV... I don't think the factory rolling stock gives you enough of a glimpse at the drums to warrant painting them.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude my friend = heated garage, primer, red breake paint, and did 2 cars today. so with paint left over i figure why the hell not just do mine. i just wanted to know if painting drums was stupid. Cause if it was i wasn't going to paint anything

·
Registered
875 Posts
I usually regard painted drums as assanine. Painted calipers, painted FACTORY calipers anyways, started with higher-end Porsches [Daffodil Yellow] and Ferraris [Imola Red] and the like. It was an extra special touch to show off your HUGE factory brakes behind slim wheels. Drum brakes, while functional, belie this image of performance.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i can see this is personal for u... i just think the touch of red with the grey looks nice.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
eh i wouldnt, i just did mine in high heat black, hide the drums as much as possible

·
Registered
875 Posts
Solaris said:
lol i can see this is personal for u... i just think the touch of red with the grey looks nice.
haha, it's hardly personal -- it's just that I don't think there's any reason to show of drums. But you're right, a splash of red would go nicely with your grey.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Solaris, i have an Infra-Red paint job. I also recently painted my brake calipers red too. In my opinion, I don't think it would look good painting the drums...that's just too much red for me. My front ones look really bad ass, but I would go with mofocus with this one and paint your back ones black, but that would require you to buy more paint. I'd say just leave them alone.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe i'll do fronts red and drums black

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Do the fronts red and the drums chrome and put little black spots on them so they look like slotted rotors...
[joke]
If you have the 15in stocker wheels, the drums will be more exposed than if you have the 16in stocker wheels. Either way, it's your car. If you think the drums will look good red, then paint them red. If you don't like them, you can always repaint them or strip the paint off. Never hurts to experiment if the mod can easily be undone.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I was trying to picture it..nah. Wouldn't look right.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Why not paint the rotors as well, lol But I think painting the front calipers would look good, I dont know about painting drums though...

-shawn

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
here's an idea, find a large piece of paper, one that will fit over the rear drum. Paint the paper red now place the paper over the drum and tie it on the drum with a piece of string.
Set the tire on and take a look if you like it, paint them if not take the paper off put the tires on and be on your way. This way you get an idea without having to actually paint or
repaint anything.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Eh, Just dont leave them on.. trying to make it look like a rear disk set-up, lol

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I don't think I would want to draw attention to my rear drums if I had em.... I'd rather paint them black to hide them.

** When I had my miata all four were disc brakes... I painted those and it looked sweet as hell! I might do the same on the SVT I get new rims in the spring!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts