Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, I will be painting my air vents and I wanted to get a suggestion. I have an SVT w/ the black radio surround and I want to match it as best as possible. Would it be recommended to buy flat black paint and skip on the clearcoat????

P.s. In the future I plan on buying the CF overlay made for the SVT, but that kit does not come with the air vent surrounds. Maybe then I'll apply the clearcoat.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
that could work... or you can go with the shade of your color, and repaint the radio surround as well, but that's calling for more work..

flat black sounds like your best bet. Spray a small area onto some plastic that you are going to discard, and hold it up the the radio bezel to see if it matches.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
if you want a slightly matte finish but still with some shine. A trick i have found is buy flat black spray paint and clear coat over it. Should match factory pretty close.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the clearcoat on the flat paint won't make it too shiny????

·
Registered
875 Posts
Probably not, as long as you don't overdo it. One light layer may be all you need. I would see how flat black looks, and if it works, use that. If not, try adding a light coat of clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts