Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my stock wheels black because recently got new tires and didnt have the money for rims. So I took my shot at painting these. Let me know what you guys think!
So heres the stockers all sanded and getting ready to be taped off.

Heres what they ended up getting painted. A black satin Duplicolor wheel paint with the same brand of clear that.

And finally with the wheels on my car.

Sorry for the sorta blurry pictures. Also if you look at previous pic you will notice I have a primed front black bumper and a nice little scuff on the rear. I was thinking bout painting both bumpers and my wing a certain color but maybe different than the liquid grey? what does everyone think bout that? Opinions welcome and once again thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i'm loving the painted stockers! i just sold my rims becuase i needed money for college so i will be painting my stockers on the next warm day!

i do have a question for you about how you painted them...did you use a primer? also, did you use a clear coat?

i think that you should paint the bumper the same color of your car. however, that's just my opinion and it's your car!

keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
you took all four wheels off... where did you it the car ....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks great [thumb]

·
Registered
185 Posts
To late now but Dupli color has a blue clear that is suppose to look anodized, wonder how it might have looked on your centre caps. I kind of like the side trim gone too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Side trim? I dont know exactly what you mean but if you mean the body side trim I never had that. And yes I'm sure that the center caps with an anodized finish would look good.
I took them off the car I just didnt have a picture for all four. Just got an up close of one. oops. And yes I used a Duplicor wheel paint clear that is supposed to be stronger for chip wear and road abuse.
Thanks for the compliments guys!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Looks really good. Those wheels look 10 times better now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts