Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to paint the inside of my tail light housings similar to the way Ford did with the Ford Flex Titanium. Kinda pissed they didn't do this with my Ti to be honest. Anyway, here's a pic ...

Anybody had any experience messing with the tail's? I've read that you can't heat them up & separate like the headlights, but instead you have to actually cut the housing. If anybody has any tips I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Why not just night shade the hole tail light.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Why not just night shade the hole tail light.
cliche, overplayed, ugly, gaudy, easy to mess up.

Painting the inside of the housing should be easier, you can actually tape off and spray what you want to paint, and it will match the headlights better.

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
i would like to see that... sounds interesting..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Definitely paint them. I might be doing that to my headlights as well....then HID????
I'd wait it out, buy a legit pair of ST HID headlights or wait for aftermarket OEM knockoff ebay headlights, retrofit kits haven't been looking too good in this car, and it's reflector style rather than projector, so it's actually illegal to do so.

If you don't care about that, go ahead and do it anyway, but I think the OEM projectors will look better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
go with painting, i agree the the whole night shade thing is over done. how hard to split, and not to mention expensive, are the tails for the third gen cars? Since it is all plastic, if you had a steady hand and a dremel tool, you could open them up with an even cut, and get a good seal when you are finished.

·
Registered
446 Posts
go with painting, i agree the the whole night shade thing is over done. how hard to split, and not to mention expensive, are the tails for the third gen cars? Since it is all plastic, if you had a steady hand and a dremel tool, you could open them up with an even cut, and get a good seal when you are finished.
That's what I'm thinking to be honest. I'm sure the ST headlights will be $$$$
If I blackout the heads and adjust properly, that shouldn't blind anyone . SpLitting them in half is another story. Lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ True but there is still area to paint on mine, it's just not chrome. And ya it looks like the dremel technique will be the way to go...now I just gotta make sure I cut the right line.

No HID talk please for the love of god

1 - 10 of 10 Posts