Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I want to paint my side moldings...now I want to do this cause A- I always wanted to and B- Their light grey cause nothin I try will take that damn wax off of em...now I went to a local paint shop and the guy said nope can't piant em...he said he couldn't cause their the engrained type....he said they'd look like shit and not come out right....now I though BS cause some of you guys/gals have em done...now I called up Macoo (not goin there just wanted to see what they'd say) to see if they'd do it and they too said nope can't do it...look like crap and won't stick....
NOW, WTF?!?!?!?!?!? [???:)] How did u guys/gals do it and have they chipped, do they match the paint good, and do they look like crap?!?!?!?[???:)]
let me know!! Thanks!! :) [8] <--------me cause I keep getting diff info from everyone some say it works some say it don't arg!
-Joe

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You can get a how-to on www.myfordfocus.com. I think it's still there.
I got mine done by a body shop and yes they can be painted. Sounds to me like the guy is lazy or just doesn't know how to do it. I got them done in July and no chips or nothing. They feel really smooth like the ugly black plastic was never there.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm where did u take u'rs was it local or like a macco or somethin? I think these guys are just nuts?????

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It was local. Heck, maybe you could go to a junkyard and get some already painted your car color.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do they make the zx3's with stock painted sidemoldings though? I thought they olny painted the zx5's?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I think maybe the special addition models (like the S2) they did. Other then that they are all gay and black. Have you thought about painting them yourself?

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually yes....the painter who came to my house said I could clean em up, no sand nothin just primer and spraypaint...he said maybey do it black so I don't have to worry bout color change but that would look kinda fruity I think....what would be the best paint to get if I were to do it myself primer and paint, and do I have to sand it down first or jsut keep it how it is? thanks a lot zx3_chick :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I said before in a post on this thread go to www.myfordfocus.com. I believe that there is a how-to on there.
Oh and your welcome[;)]

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
see this is what dumbasses say, they dont realise that that is what sandpaper is for, a few ppl told me the same thing, but yes they can be sanded and you can paint them then

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet thanks a lot mofo and zx3 :) I will try to sand em down next summer and spray paint em since it is too cold out now, and get the primer and paint and go at it....did u gloss yours over cause I was planing on glossing it after the second coat of grey :) thanks a lot!
-Joe

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
ZX3_Chick, I looked through the How To Section at myfordfocus but they didn't have anything for the side moldings.
Maybe it was another website you saw the How To or maybe they removed it at myfordfocus.com...

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tnx micro ;) I looked through and didn't see it either but I thought I was just blind or something :) lol...at least someone said it :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, it was once on there. Oh well. Sorry if I told you the wrong info.
Could have been on another site but I don't remember which one....

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I now went to a reputable company that would actually tell me why my sidemoldings couldn't be painted....its cause wax got on em and paint won't stick to it so if I want to paint them I have to buy new moldings and paint those :( I will jsut check the junkyards for a liquid grey zx3 that has em painted already I guess...whenever I have time which will be like never! :(

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hoe come man? do u have the link so I can read why u can't sand em?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts