Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends was wondering what is the best way to paint rims. Is there a certain paint or a certain way they have to be painted.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
That's what I was looking for...hehe....really good tutorial....although I like my rims the way they are, I was looking at your page the other day....very interesting, and it seems like a long process if you don't have those baking lights....

·
Registered
525 Posts
The only reason I baked the wheels was because I was driving to school the next day. If you can afford to let em sit for a while without driving it, they should be fine. I think if it sat overnight or maybe a weekend the paint would be good enough without having the heat lights. But yeah it is a definite plus having your best friend work at an auto paint shop. And to let everyone know I will be installing a new suspension in 2 or 3 weeks. I have the parts, I just need a free weekend. When its installed I will put a similar page up on how to do the install. I'll try and get enough pics so its thorough and easy to follow.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
What brand? I'm sure it will be very informative.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got a set of H&R lowering sport springs with the Ford Racing (KW) struts and shocks. I just ordered the Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex Master Kit (graphite impregnated bushings) so that should be here early next week. Then I just gotta throw it all in there. Oh and I got a good price on the bushings here. It was the cheapest i could find em.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Cool. What about an anti-roll kit? Or does the Energy Suspension prevent it so you don't have to get one?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've looked into sway bars, but they are costly and the bushing kit comes with the bushings for front and back and the rear end links. The fact that these bushings are stiffer will in turn make the sway bars act as if they are larger than they are. Maybe not as large as some you can buy, but I think it will have enough of an effect to make me happy. And since I haven't done anything performance wise, I figure that aftermarket sway bars would be overkill.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No thats cool, the rims are gonna be for autocross only so if that makes a difference...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts