Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to doing mine. Decided to go a little different. I bought one of those angel eye kits off ebay for like $40, but only ended up using the smaller of the two. Might use the larger ones for brake lights? Anyway, I made some mounts out of abs plastic, glued them on, used some body filler to smooth it out then painted. I wired the angel eyes to the running lights so the amber light stays off until I hit the turn signal. I have some silver bulbs on the way, hopefully get rid of that egg look. If not Ill do with LEDs. Im pretty pleased with the results, let me know what you think.

Mounts

In the housing

Glued and filler added

Primed

Painted and angel eye installed

Comparison of new and old lights

Installed in car

Angel eye on

Ill get some pictures at night, we'll see how they look then. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
that is nice as heck i wish i had time to do that.. nice job i like the halo's were did you pick those up at?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Very well done, they look very nice with the eyes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
DAMN!!! And I thought that by painting the inside of my housings black it would make my headlights look the best they could ever look, now this? Looks awesome by the way, great job!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have to say, the painted headlights alone may be enough to get me to come around on the 05+ front ends. Nicely done.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Very very nice job man, I might have to re-open mine and add some halos. Nice work [thumb]

Cant wait to see the night shots that might be the deciding factor!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, glad you like the hard work I put into them [:D]
The halos are the same as this auction: 190027094417

The quality of the halos is supprisingly very good. I wasnt expecting it from ebay. Ill get some night shots up when I get home from work today. I took some last night, looked pretty good tho it made pretty obvious the fact that I need different light bulbs. They look so yellow compared to the halos.

I may do a how to, more like an add-on to HeelToes painting how-to.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great jom man, really clean mod, i like it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mmmkay, got some new pictures. I recieved the reflective looking signal bulbs today. Huge improvement I must say. I still may do led bulbs down the line, but for $4 each, Im happy with these ones.

and some night shots, convinced my loving and supportive girlfriend to pose for me

I thought this picture just looked neat, cant even tell their halos tho [8]

Getting decent night pictures sucked too.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
why did you not do the other halo in the main headlamp?

Looks good though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts