Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the door moldings, hatchstrip, and the stock side skirts paint matched to my car...just got it all reinstalled last night...

And I know about my huge wheel gaps...im thinking about the SVT suspension since I live in Wisconsin and need my car for winters as a daily driver

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
awesome!

I painted mine, But they are In need of repainting.
1) because I ran out of DuPont vinyl paint (expensive stuff)
2) someone egged my car, spiderweb crack on my painted hatch strip.

It looks like you've done a good job. Can we get pics of the hatch strip?
It looks like the paint has matched well.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, when i had the shop paint my WW AVenger rear bumper i had them paint the black trim, cause its GAWDY stock....funny cause i see modded out foci on here...like full out mods...lambo doors n stuff, but skipped the 200$ for the painted trim....lol

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...can you guys wait till its light out tomorrow? cause its too dark to get a good pic of it. but the paint matches exactly. ill even let the camera flash right into the hatchstrip and it will match. my buddy works at the body shop that did it. all they did was take the paint code off the car and it matched right up no problems, but it was WELL worth it to take it to a body shop. when it comes to painting my car, thats not something im gonna do in my garage or myself, too much at risk.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah, deffinalty worth it, but what i cant get over is why would ford leave them black? makes no sense to me...i can live with the black handles till i can ethier paint them or get the Mazada ones...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hey Stolle!

Looking good there buddy! Of course, I am keeping my moldings black.. I like how they look.... but your's looks great!

We should meet up on Saturday.. I'd love to meet the West Bend Focus Crew!

Shoot me a PM to discuss.....

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
i wanna get this done as well, but have the door handles and mirrors painted as well. Mine look stupid now b/c they got wax on them, so they fade. Reason why ford left them like that is b/c its something they can save money on and its not really needed for drivability, the focus was a cheap economy car remeber.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
looks great, job well done [thumb]
ford did that to save cost on painting them. easy to make 1 million of the same color then a 1/10th that of each individual colors.
ever see the cavis with the plastic bumpers and side moldings... all the same color black plastic no matter what color teh car was lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts