Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it doesn't look GREAT but im doing a redo soon, my first time painting so it came out sketchy not horrible but not great so here they are...eyelids and a painted grill.

The last pic is the before pic so yeah....im going to get the caps/rear hatch, and grill done professionally so ya! Enjoy

Before pic!

after

gotta love my beer bottles and trash bags :-D

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
thats a bad ass job man, i dont the see the sketchiness,lol. and it definitly brings up the look of your front end.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^that's what i was aiming for. the chrome some reason looked like it brought it down...but it looks like a new car in my opinion simple, easy mod big difference

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
lookin good with the eyelids man. good job.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks great man, but it looks like you didn't reinstall the grill right or something.
It seems to be sticking out farther than before.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks real good!! I went the other route, and painted the insert

·
Registered
18 Posts
im new to grill painting...did you heat up the grill and chip the chrome off?...and what kind of paint did you use ive been wanting to paint my grill black for some time now. thanks and great job

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
i had eye lids on mine for a minute.. but i look mine out since i always change out my hood.. looks good though!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
used the torch on the chrome. The chrome is like foil and will bubble and or peel back then you peel off the chrome, sand wit 120 till even cause you will melt some plastic primer and paint. I used adhesive promoter. Worked great. I bought standard white semi gloss. When i redo it. It will be paint match.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Ok it doesn't look GREAT
Actually, it DOES look great!

And I'm really digging the eyelids - something that I absolutely HATE on any pre-'05 (i.e. MKI) Focus...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts