Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PICS: painted calipers

so me and a friend decided to stop waiting to paint our brake calipers and rear drums...so we went out and bought primer and black caliper spray. DAMN does it look awesome! splitting to cost was a total of $10 and well worth the looks. i will have pics posted as soon as we hook my camera up to his laptop.

this also makes the cross drilled and grooved rotors look even better haha

The Elantra in the pics is my friend Jim. His N/A Elantra hit 141 WHP w/ 135 Tq

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah, 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint on front disk, and 2 on back drums

·
Registered
759 Posts
awwww its like your cars are kissing....[rolleyes]

Nice job, you really made sure that over spray wasn't going to be a issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha yeah, 2 days of newspapers. well took us 2 days for both cars. and we like our cars and they like each other haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
steves a lil gheeeey. don't mind him. i'm jim. i decided to join for hte hell of it. (since i'm part of 10 or so forums as it is). i'm rather happy with the results of our lil endevor. only thing i need to do is go back over that bracket that sits infront of the calipers then it'll look a little better.

oh and for that pic of the cars that close steve nearly hit my car cause he got off the brake way too fast!

·
Registered
797 Posts
ok that settels it im gunna do this next weekend..but im gunna paint the rotor hubs too cause the damn brembos rust like crazy...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a great idea. He told me to stop waiting around and we went halves on it. 3 coats on all his and as is said 3 on my front and 2 on back. Its enough and only costs $10 is you split. WELL worth it

·
Registered
759 Posts
If your planning to paint them you don't need to go over board with the masking. I didn't mask mine and the came out great, just pick a day with low humidty and low wind.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i took a steel brush to them first to get the rust and stuff off. took a little sand paper to get off remaining brake dust. i used primer that i asked if it was high heat first (just ask anyone at an autoparts store). And they make different color caliper spray paint cans. All the calipers and drum coats with one bottle totalled 22 coats. So there is pleanty of enough paint in one can to cover. Let each coat sit for about 30 minutes then sprayed again. DONT USE A CLEAR COAT!!! it will heat up and in about 2 weeks turn a wierd color, like white or yellow depending on the types

1 - 10 of 10 Posts