Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered the G2 Caliper Kit in red and prepped the car last night. Got up early this morning and mixed the epoxy and painted for three hours. [?|]

Pretty satisfied with the kit overall....since it is an EPOXY it starts to get very sticky after 2-3 hours. It was close to 90 degrees in my garage when I painted them so it set up a little faster than normal. Just lots of detail to paint around even though I taped alot of it off ahead of time.

I'll try and take some photos with the wheels on tomorrow.....but you get the idea.

FRONT: Before.....

FRONT: After......

FRONT: Before......

FRONT: After......

REAR: After......

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is really good. You painted those as they sit?
No, no......I did take them apart like you would to put a new set of pads on.

I didn't take them off the car......just took out the pads so I could turn them and get them painted. I basically got some strong twine and tied them up in the air from the springs so I could manipulate them to get all the paint on them.....let them dry and then I re-assembled them.

BUT.....taking them completely off the car would be ALOT easier to paint! This took alot of laying on my back and twisting inside the fender well for three hours. Just didn't feel like bleeding all the brakes and all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Looks nice[8D] wish I could say it would make a difference on my car, but with steel wheels and flat plastic hubcaps you wouldn't be able to see them at all!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Those look good man, my calipers didnt look nearly that clean before i painted them. Yours look brand new, i thought maybe you replaced your calipers at first.

What you should do now is get a bottle of fingernail polish from your girl. A color maybe she dont like any more or go buy a bottle from somewhere.

Dump all the polish from the bottle out and clean it good with fuel or paint cleaner or something.

Now fill that nail polish bottle with some of your left over paint. Keep that somewhere so when you need to touch up any chips or scratches it works great has a nice little brush handy with the bottle and seals well. I keep a bottle in my tool bag.

I touch em up when i rotate my tires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice work. Thinking about tackling the job on my focus. Red calipers will go well with my Race Red focus [thumb]

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nice work. Thinking about tackling the job on my focus. Red calipers will go well with my Race Red focus [thumb]
High five for Race red![cheers] I don't think there are many others here with that color. Also you've got an SE so we essentially bought the same car.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Nice job, looks good. I definitely wouldn't go red on my blaze yellow though... Black maybe... hmmm!
IMO the red calipers just look more sporty. You wont even see the black unless you get right up next to the car and look in.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Those look good man, my calipers didnt look nearly that clean before i painted them. Yours look brand new, i thought maybe you replaced your calipers at first.

What you should do now is get a bottle of fingernail polish from your girl. A color maybe she dont like any more or go buy a bottle from somewhere.

Dump all the polish from the bottle out and clean it good with fuel or paint cleaner or something.

Now fill that nail polish bottle with some of your left over paint. Keep that somewhere so when you need to touch up any chips or scratches it works great has a nice little brush handy with the bottle and seals well. I keep a bottle in my tool bag.

I touch em up when i rotate my tires.
the g2 paint is an epoxy...not a paint so you can't save any.

G2 has a lifetime guarantee on their product...if it chips. you send a photo with your receipt and they give you a free kit.

did mine with the same kit, the race red and red calipers looks nice

·
Registered
321 Posts
IMO the red calipers just look more sporty. You wont even see the black unless you get right up next to the car and look in.
That's exactly why I'm going with black. Don't want to bring any attention to my tiny brakes.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I recently saw a Kia Rio with red calipers.
Before that, I thought of a Rio as just an econobox.
The red calipers changed my thinking completely about that car.
Now I think of it as a sports car.
If only it had some "turbo" decals and a hood scoop... [rolleyes]

·
Registered
636 Posts
I recently saw a Kia Rio with red calipers.
Before that, I thought of a Rio as just an econobox.
The red calipers changed my thinking completely about that car.
Now I think of it as a sports car.
If only it had some "turbo" decals and a hood scoop... [rolleyes]
Those decals alone would add like 100 horsepower and 7000 street credits![hihi]
Though I do have to say, the 2012 Rio looks pretty good, their new designer has done wonders for them. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/11q2/2012_kia_rio_rio5-auto_shows/gallery

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow those look awesome!!!! [thumb]

I might try that in the future. Never removed brakes before though, but I think it's something i should lean how to do anyway

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PHOTOS: Calipers with wheels on

Excellent! now take a pic to show us what they look like with the rims on.
Here ya go........

Front:

Rear:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Very cool! I still have a kit I was gonna use on the Mazda... hmmmmm

·
Registered
321 Posts
First it's Wal-Mart exhaust now you're adding SVT stickers ... I feel sorry for this car! [vommit]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts