Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know theres some people rocking painted calipers on here. i wanna see them!! lets see what interesting colors you guys chose!

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I've thought about doing this just in black. I have rear drums and I hate seeing the rust things through the giant wheel openings. I just bought some body color paint for the rusty rocker repair I going to get to in the next couple weeks. If I have any left over I might try that instead.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My first try with red but they always turned a pink when they got dirty.

So I changed them to black and couldn't like them more.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts

went with black for a couple of reasons. My brakes are small, so i didnt want to draw attention to them and they were starting to show signs of me living in ohio (brown is not a pretty color!)
So black was a non-flashy color and they have held up really well so far.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Went with red

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Going 2 tone on mine, red on the front and black for the back drum.
Nothing looks worse then small drum brakes painted bright red inside nice wheels.

got to finish painting them, need to get the mounts painted for the front. and paint the drums black as soon as i get the blast cabinet set up.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going 2 tone on mine, red on the front and black for the back drum.
Nothing looks worse then small drum brakes painted bright red inside nice wheels.

got to finish painting them, need to get the mounts painted for the front. and paint the drums black as soon as i get the blast cabinet set up.
so glad im not the only one thinking a 2 tone. i was thinking a red/black combo or the brembo orange-ish gold/black.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Just make sure you clean them really good or the paint wont stick like mine.
Gonna take them off and blast them, then paint again.
One of the good things about living in the desert, no rust even after 49,000 miles!

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Red on mine.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts

Had to go with blue, I know SvviftSVT has green if you can get him to post up a pic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts