Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started de-badging my car but decided to keep the Titanium emblem to set it apart from other Focus'. I'm going to paint the "Titanium" badge silver to match my car, so I did a test run today w/ my "Focus" emblem that I de-badged (and won't be putting back on the car.) Overall it turned out pretty good. Wish I could get the metallic flake in there. Anybody know how to get OEM Ford paint?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I used to go to an auto body supply shop and they would mix up the exact color in a rattle can with compressed gas. Always worked great for small jobs as long as I remembered to clear coat afterwards.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the "Focus" looks really good in that color. You should keep it on there. I'm not sure why there's the notion that de-badging improves the looks, because it doesn't. Quite the opposite, I think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I started de-badging my car but decided to keep the Titanium emblem to set it apart from other Focus'. I'm going to paint the "Titanium" badge silver to match my car, so I did a test run today w/ my "Focus" emblem that I de-badged (and won't be putting back on the car.) Overall it turned out pretty good. Wish I could get the metallic flake in there. Anybody know how to get OEM Ford paint?

I wanted no chrome on my alloy 07 Mustang GT. I bought a set of OEM fender emblems and a faux rear cap.
My dealer's body shop painted both " no charge " as they happended to be painting an alloy bumper.
They said it was "no big deal". The painted emblems have been on the car for 4 years and IMHO still look great.
I de-badged our Focus, but I like that look on your car. May have to get a Focus emblem and have it painted Sterling.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the "Focus" looks really good in that color. You should keep it on there. I'm not sure why there's the notion that de-badging improves the looks, because it doesn't. Quite the opposite, I think.
I respect your opinion but strongly disagree. I like the clean look.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A guy I work with has a Fusion with the Ford badge candied black. Really nice touch. His car is black. I told him to debadge but he painted the Fusion black instead. Looks good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts