Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I like the way the 09 coupe headlights and grill look and wanted them on my 08. But they are a little pricey so I did this...

Bake

Add some high temp paint

After

And the blue oval is still chrome it just looks black in the dark pics.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
looking good, hadn't seen anyone does this on their 08 yet. cleans things up soooo much.

i like the way it turned out for sure but whats up with the headlight in the oven haha
it's the way most everyone does it. heats up the silicone that seals the lights, that way you can pull it off and pry them open.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
grill looks like mine. Very Nice. How difficult are the 08 headlights to take apart? I wanted to match the headligths to my grill since I painted it a couple of months ago but was a bit scared to take them apart.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I sir, applaud you for doing this. Not just because on a new new car, but it also looks so good.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
looks great

nice work!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
grill looks like mine. Very Nice. How difficult are the 08 headlights to take apart? I wanted to match the headligths to my grill since I painted it a couple of months ago but was a bit scared to take them apart.
It was rough, not gonna lie, but the end result is worth it. Whould I do it again? Not anytime soon!

Just follow Brad White's how-to for 08s and you'll do fine. Took me all day though.

And thanks, I'll try to get some day pics.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
looks great!!!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
very nice man. for some reason, the black makes me think of wings.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks fantastic! great work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts