Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another issue with my car is at the driver side back door lower frame. The rear door is positioned in such a way that the spray and debris from the front tire hits the door frame and "sand blasts" the paint down to metal. See picture:

There is no protective coating in this area. It's too cold to repair it so I've just slathered the exposed area in grease as a temporary fix.

Can anybody recommend a particular product that would survive the direct impact from the front tire? Also, thoughts on a mud flaps or something to deflect it away from the car. The passenger side also has the same problem but the door is slightly positioned differently so that it gets some deflection.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mud flaps will help. You can also get a clear plastic overlay that gives some extra protection, either in a standard sheet that you cut yourself or in pre-cut pieces designed for your car.
I haven't bought any myself but I would expect Ebay would have lots of choices.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Front mudflaps would be nice. I have this same problem. On the passenger side there were pinholes in the metal that allowed water to leak in, rusting the rocker panel out. I had it all repaired by a friend who does body work.

Toby

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A while ago I had looked at a spray-on chip guard that NAPA had online. I went to the store and couldn't find it nor did the employees know what I was talking about.

But that is likely what I'll do when the weather gets better.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts