Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a week after i took delivery i was T-boned infront of a state trooper post. needless to say the response time was excellent. the driver fled but not before removing my front bumper breaking the control arm tearing the fender in 2 and doing around 3500 dollars in damage.

this was about a week after the cars were available at the dealers. so i had to wait a month for the parts to become available or for them to be remoed of the assembly line.

a month later i get the car back in like new condition and had no comlaints. you couldnt tell there had been an accident. but a month later the paint started to peel of of the bumper but not the fender or hood. the body shop promptly took care of this.

well, they had to take care of it 5 more times. each time stripping all the way down to the plastic. on the 4th time i had enough and told them i was going to prep and paint it and that they could watch. but this was to no avail. a few months later it did it again.

finally they ordered a new bumper cover and so far so good. has anyone else had repairs done with similar results or is this an isolated incident? i wasnt sure if it was the vista blue paint or what. it spiked my intrest that the color was discontinued and that we had used sveral quarts which rules out a bad mix.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Must have been bad paint! I took my auto to the dealership to have my rear bumper re painted as I scraped it. That was a year ago and the Vista Blue still looks nice and fresh today. So I know these bumpers can be painted and stand up to time without the paint falling off. I wonder why they stopped using the vista blue? I like the color myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts