Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
paint price idea?

first off... HI! this would be my first post, so help would be grateful ^_^

so im going to paint my focus right? (4dr. sedan Se 2K)
and i was wondering if anybody had a clue as to about how much it should cost to get the entire body repainted (father took horrid care of the care before giving it to me [?|] )

since i am totally clueless in the paint field, and couldnt really find anything conclusive on the internet, figured ill try my new favorite all-about-focus forum site ^_^

so again, help? [:D]

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
There are so many variables here...rust or corrosion present ? Lots of dents and door dings, etc? Another huge variable is the quality of the work being performed. I'm sure you could get a Maaco "quality" job for under $1000 even with moderate amounts of dent removal, etc...but you could easily spend $2000 or more. Ask around your area for feedback from local body shops etc, because happy customers will talk up their shop. Good luck with your search !

One other thought...you could check with your local community college (if there is one nearby) that has an auto body program. Often times they'll take on work for very low cost and it'll usually be pretty decent quality work, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are so many variables here...rust or corrosion present ? Lots of dents and door dings, etc?
no rust anywhere on the car, but two dents which i will remove before i hand the car to the painter.

mostly, the reason as to why i want a paint job is because of the fact that i simply HATE the color of the car... i am not much of a red fan, and much rather perfer blue or black, but depending on the neon/led lights that i decide for on the car, ill pick the color. (black paint for green neon/led and blue for blue neon/led)

also, i am going to be getting a body kit with replacement front and rear bumpers, and side skirts, as well as a nice wing and eventually a hood replacement. once i am able to come up with the money that is.

thanks for the idea on price [thumb], will diffenantly ask around different body shops, jsut wanted to get an idea so that i wouldnt be totally ripped off anywhere. i will diffinantly go ask my comunity college, its like not even 10 miles away, i might even take a pass by my old highschool, since they were first in the state of florida for the electric car conversion project, for 2 years running now, maybe they have a good idea where to look for a good place.

thanks again doug

any other ideas anyone?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i don't know if u did already but find a reputable place first. usually the most expensive is prolly a better place. when my car was keyed a couple years ago i wanted to get it painted. asap cuz it looked terrible. the guy at the (good) place wanted 1200 for a complete job, and the one i ended up gettin was 560 but it was a total shit job. the paint is actually peeling off on the roof around the antenna. warrenty is done with tho so for now i just don't care about the paint, cuz it gets scratches all the time anymore (light ones). but make sure you find a good shop first cuz it's a lot of your money goin to them. good luck.

MIKE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dispraiser->> yea, i was going to do that, doesnt make any sense to have two paint jobs and then have them maybe mess up on the color matching right? lol
thanks for the info on the kits, will defenatly look into them.

Mike->> yea, i was going to ask around and see if they could give me a couple of their costumers and stuff, if they want my money, then they hould try their hardest to get it right? at least that way you know that they arnt jsut a cheap place, if they keep good records anyway. sorry to hear about your focus though.

1200 is around how much i was willing to spend anyway, like between 1K and 1.5K is my range. i just got to look around and see where are some good places.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If you want a really good job, go to a local car show. The show car guys usually know great painters, and will share their experiences. The place that we get our painting done does show cars mostly (he has a car in a Dupont calender. They can be pricey though(for example, my kit cost 1000 to prep and paint.)

·
Registered
83 Posts
you could spen 1.5 grand on paint or on performance, i hate my color its the light blue color on the focus, and it has a couple dents here and there and soem scratches, but i jsut deal with it because my interior is so nice, i wanted to get mine painted to but then i realized it would not be worth it becuase when you sell your car you will loose money and if it is crahsed then you'll loose money cuz they wont look at it, but with perfromance parts you can always resell them. somethign to think about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah, yes, somethign to think about, but when your on a budget of 5K and you want the most appearance you can get out of the money, its worth buying the paint, especially since i have ideas about underbody lighting that im going to eventually do, and i want to co-ordinate with my color, problem is, i seriously hate the color of mine (red) and i cant really think of anything good to match with the underbody lighting, ... besides red, and i hate that color... so paint job it is, and anyway, i need to get a paint job since im getting the body kit... ^_^

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well I'm Taking my car in to get some worked done I see you live in Pines maybe we can meet up and go together.. we would get a better deal this way! the paint and body work I'm having doe will run me about 2,000. I'm going tomorrow for estimates ..

also there are other focus around pines, we all get to getter with some people on fridays!
after towers

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yea yea .. ull be looking at around 2 grand .... if you have a maaco you could get a cheap sractch and spray for about 3 hundred beans. But member you get what you pay for

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yea I talk to the body shop today going to drop the car off this week they said they would work out a deal if we went together..

MASTER TECH AUTO BODY
1818 S.W. 100 Terr..
Miramar, FL 33025

Right Off Pembroke Road!

E-Mail me any Questions
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts