Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, getting tired of my black trim on my car and want to get them painted. Does anyone know where i can get this done right but not pay an ass-load for it. thanks for any suggestions. jt[:D]

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Unless there are other suggestions, I'd suggest you to go to the nearest parts shop (AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, etc) and buy both the primer spray and the matching color spray. Spray it with the primer first, then let it dry. then paint the matching color of ur choice, (OR) take it to the nearese Ford Dealer shop (They should have the paint shop it is in the body shop) and they will do it for you. *Gonna cost u a lot*

·
Registered
187 Posts
Agreed, if you take your time and do it right it will come out amazing. Use sandable primer in a spray can, I get mine at auto zone and keep doing that process of sanding and more primer till its smooth then wait an hour or 2, then apply 5-8 light coats of paint and a few of clear and It will come out great. Make sure its the right temp outside, minimal humidity and a dust free zone like a garage. This is my center console I just finished last week, it was textured like my dash.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
exactly. do what he says and you will not see your black trim for good. *but i have to warn you.. sometimes after weeks or months of driving around, the paint will come off or fade, if that happens, be sure to repaint it with the spray paint. Good luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not if you do the steps correctly and take your time. Spray atleast 3-5 coats of clear and let it cure and not drive the car at all for atleast 2 days with them on it, preferably 7 days to be safe, then everytime you wash your car polish ansd a thick coat of wax and you are set. But DO NOT apply any wax or polish for the first 2-3 weeks. This is my rear reflector that I painted with krylon fusion well over a year ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts