Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the paint code for fords pitch black off of the 2000 focus anyone?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Ummmm - It's Black - & not a special one like a metallic.

Rustoleum matches nicely....

(At least on My '04 version, assume the '00 was the same)

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Look at the door jam, the paint code is there. You can go to any autoparts store and find an off the shelf paint that matches the code. Don't expect body shop type results though as they match the paint or can match the paint better than an off the shelf can.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is white. I'm painting it black. My dad is a certified autobody technician he has been doing autobody work since he was 17 he is now 40. I want the factory black because black isn't just black. They are subtle variations that most people don't pick up. But seeing how I've been around it all my life I notice that stuff. It's really kinda annoying

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here's an example this is house of Kolor paint red is before blue is after this was my first truck. Paint will be professionally mixed by out paint supplier might even use water based to make all the hippies happy.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Had to fun you a little, since it isn't one of the fancy metallics.

I haven't seen much variability in the blacks though compared to the nightmare White is to match.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just don't like white cars in general lol. I'll get pics of the car when I pick it up Monday. Can't wait to have a second vehicle. I've always been to scared to really have a project car because if I broke something that leaves my dd down. Now I've got a solid zx3 project car

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may just go to a dealer find a nice fancy ford color I like and steal the paint code off that lol. That's how my dad painted his old c10

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That'll work for a fancier color, the Ford black on mine is seriously close enough to a "standard' color that touch up matches from almost anything.

Had a Toyota black touch up bottle from a different vehicle laying around - matches, and the Rustoleum Gloss Black doesn't show a difference in touch up use either.

They aren't base coat/clear coat for a perfect match, but as close as any touch up can be.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I found the color I want. The new tuxedo black.
found this pic on Google if it's someone's car I'm sry for stealing your pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts