Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! So i want to paint my center console and i was able to get the screws off from under the two front cupholders and take off the armrest, but i can't get the last screw off.

well actually i can't get the cover off.

am i doing this right? and any tips on getting the last screw off?

thanks!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
There are just 4 screws that hold it in. Is it an auto? If so there might be something holding in the shift mechanism. Also, how are you planning on painting it? I did mine when I first got the car. I used fiberglass resin and body filler to get it completely smooth before I painted it. Just an idea for better results.

Switch was for neons...lol. I was 18 lay off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it's a manual, and where are the other screws besides the front cupholders?

i know this is a bad pic but this is what i can't get off

and yea i like the way yours turned out. good job.
but i'm new at this whole thing so i'm not sure how to go about doing it...it's all experimental.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
i think the screw is under that little cap possibly?? very well may be wrong...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i'm thinking......
i just can't get the thing off!

notice the marks from the abuse it's taken....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yea that looks like what you're stuck on. Have you tried a razor blade to pop that off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no not yet...

i'll try that tomorrow when it's not dark outside.

but you said there were 4 screws?
where's the last one?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That little thing is a B[rant] [rant] [rant]H to get out, lol. I left mine out, tore the thing up with a knife taking it out.

There are two screws under the cup holders, that one in the back, then above that one, you have to pop the plastic cover off, and also take out the screws holding the arm rest on (I think, not positive you have to do this step, it made it easier for what I was doing)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
yeah you have to take the arm rest off first. mine has many claw marks in that area!!!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Eres de Brazil?

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Wait, so you are from Brasil, your name is Lauren (which is a female name) and your profile says that you work as a model... is that correct?

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
ok, now I see your avatar. I say pics or ban [hihi] So did you solved your console problem? btw, how south in California are you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jajajaa sim! this is all correct and i live between san diego and l.a.

and pics or ban i don't get it? i'm confused sorry lol.

and no i still have not ben ables to get the screw cap thing off you know?!?!
it's very hard!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
This might sound stupid but, have you tried with a flat head screw driver? A blade or a knife could also work. I've taken that thing of lots of times and never had a problem with it. Maybe yours is stuck with something, like jelly or coke lol. Pics or ban means that you should upload pics of yourself or you will be kicked out of the forum lol, but I'm just joking. I go to SDSU, right on San Diego so we are kind of neighbors =)

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
BTW, você pode iniciar meu motor sempre que quiser [hihi] how was that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jeaaa i have tried all off those things. the car was so messy when i got it so i wouldn't be surprised if there was soda or whatever making it stuck! ugh. and yea sorry you know thtas what i thought you would meant but i wasn't sure you know?

but yea i was accepted to SDSU!! but i ended up not going. lol
but yea we are neighbors we're pretty close!

and that made some sense! lol. i get what you are getting at jajaja...voce fala portugues?

tchau!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
nao eu nao eu tive um semestre de Portugues.. am... in school lol. But it is similar to Spanish, which is my first language so I could grasp some of it real quick.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I used a very small flathead, there is something called jewelers' tools - Close to that kind of size. I jammed it in one spot and worked carefully, just made one spot on the cap a little flatter than the rest and it will pop out no problem. Kind of a big pain to do. Good luck. its not terrible to do.

Search the site, I think there is some good info on painting around here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts