Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't panic, I didn't hurt anything!!

My 3D Carbon body kit arrived today [woot] You can check it out HERE. Look under Styling Kits and find the 08-09 Focus.

No it is not carbon fiber as the company name my imply. It is made of "high pressure injected urethane". I also noted the other subtle change they made along with the kit; the fender vents are color matched.

Anyway the kit needs to be prepped, primed and painted before I install it. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a shop they'd recommend for the painting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i got one in oregon for ya. hes done all my stuff. does good work. Champion Auto Body in Sandy Oregon

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice looking body kit. Makes my SAP look like a body kit?(what). Just take off the red reflectors from the rear deflector

·
Registered
167 Posts
Man that is going be one mean looking focus to go along with the sound!!!![ohcrap] Good luck on finding a paint shop! If you find a good one ask him how much for 2 thick stripes over the entire car for me??? GT style.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking body kit. Makes my SAP look like a body kit?(what). Just take off the red reflectors from the rear deflector
LOL - now that is funny, those didn't show up with the kit; you took them out didn't you?

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Looks good Brad I like it.. I used Gerber when I was in GA they did good work and there is one in Tacoma.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did i take out?
The red reflectors, you said I should take those off. Well, I don't have to take them off, they didn't show up in the kit.

Speaking of which - the rear window spoiler wasn't in the box either. Which really didn't surprise me as anytime I've seen this kit on the internet there's always a disclosure that the window spoiler is not included.

I'm not sure if they put the window spoiler into production or not. I've emailed 3D Carbon to hopefully get an answer to that question.

: Thanks Josh, I'll check Gerber out.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
maaco i would presume you would be spending about 5 to a grand

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
oof course for a price i woudl do it at my paint shop. i think it woudl be about a pint or two of paint for the finish do you have a paint code and everything?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oof course for a price i woudl do it at my paint shop. i think it woudl be about a pint or two of paint for the finish do you have a paint code and everything?
Talk to me !! The paint code is G9 (Vista Blue).

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
id have to talk to sme mates at the shop and see if at all it is ever possible. shouldnt be a problem thou. and the boothes are heates so your stuff could be ready in 24 hours

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
also id have to talk to sherwin williams automotive for a paint quote than i could give u a quote

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be cool, let me know how much for materials and labor. When I'm done laughing I'll get back to you. j/k

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Did you get rims? I hope you got rims before the bodykit;) Make sure and post pics when you get it done!

-Ashley

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, I love those wheels! I emailed 3D Carbon to see if they could tell my which rims those are! Anyone know.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
i have no idea ill let you know if i can make it in to seattle on monday i drove my car around towards everett lynnwood area and did some drifting and everythign handled just great so i think i might be able to make it in just fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the reflectors were in his kit I would have to say that knowing Brad he would just F'in Night shade them LOL That is his solution to everything!!!![hatchet]

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the reflectors were in his kit I would have to say that knowing Brad he would just F'in Night shade them LOL That is his solution to everything!!!![hatchet]
Nite-shade is my friend. [histerical]

1 - 20 of 102 Posts