Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all the gf just picked up an ‘04ZTS that’s in dire need of front pads and rotors. The person before threw on cheap pads and didn’t cut the rotors, now it has a horrible squeal. I’m looking for the best/cheapest place to buy a new set of OEM pads and rotors, any help you have would be great [:)]

While we are at it im also looking for:
1 divers headlight assembly
1 set of OEM rimz
a new windshield.

Not sure how this site works but to get a few things out of the way:
No I don’t care to try and fix what’s on the car now
No pics of gf [leg humpers]
I did search and look at the stickies
No she wont let me modify the car is anyway, I had to fight with her to let me change the oil.
No pics of car

Thanks for all the help and any advice.

Me: I drive a slightly [;)] modified ’05 Legacy GT and love to work on cars [thumb]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Don't replace anything with Ford brake parts...they are evil and cause more problems than they're worth. Get some new rotors...the stock ones are pure junk and do not warrant reuse even if turned. Brembo solid rotors are the way to go. They were less than 50.00 dollars each at Tirerack the last time I checked. Consider using Mintex street pads (Bat Inc.). If you can't find the Brembos, Bat Inc. has some affordable rotors that are better than Ford's as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the rotors, Thanks!

Could use a little help on the pads, TireRack doesn’t list the temp ratings. She will never track the car/ drive it harder than my grandma or need anything fancy thats why im thinking OEM [paranoid]
1) http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...S+Sedan&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&perfCode=P
2) http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...S+Sedan&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&perfCode=P

I love how cheap parts are for this car [thumb]

How about some details on the RS [???:)] My LGT is running a 20g and should be in the mid 12’s with a conservative 330/350 whp/tq once I finish dialing it in [}:)]

ps the wheels are up for sale.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The Mintex AF is a great (OEM) street pad with a wide operating (temperature) range. They are also less expensive than the ones your looking at (about 47.50 at www.batinc.net).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts