Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Same as title, anyone have them on the DCT (before 2015 that is). Would very much like a set even if I have to make them myself.

EDIT: After doing searches on here.. it seems like the SLK 55 or AMG paddle's work? I would love to give those a go. I reckon that will be my own personal best bang for buck mod if I ever get it done.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Same as title, anyone have them on the DCT (before 2015 that is). Would very much like a set even if I have to make them myself.

EDIT: After doing searches on here.. it seems like the SLK 55 or AMG paddle's work? I would love to give those a go. I reckon that will be my own personal best bang for buck mod if I ever get it done.
Long thread read, but check this out:

AMG shift paddles - 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 Ford Escape Forum

That's in an escape, but the steering wheel and wiring should be very similar in the Focus. No one with a Focus has tried it though.

The end of the thread talks about using Fusion paddles. They are pretty cheap, and plug and play (besides cutting the steering wheel), and light up factory colors.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Yes I have them

·
Registered
130 Posts
i remember seeing in one of the paddle shifter threads that someone found some chinese wireless paddle shifters for the focus. idk where the thread is though

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, I made the attempt and succeeded!!
It was not as straight forward as I had planned but got everything to work eventually. The dremelling of the steering wheel took longer than expected, there was a lot of cutting and fitting because I was afraid of taking too much, but I got them to fit pretty well.
The problem i ran into was with the wiring. When I tested it out it would upshift but not downshift. After a lot of continuity testing, I found out I had the wiring mixed up.

I took lots of pictures and plan to do a write-up if anyone is interested and I can find some spare time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts