Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I asked a question about how to hop up the engine and not go the turbo/supercharger route. I got some really good replies that linked me to lots of racing class rules and guidebooks. But you know what, I am fundamentally lazy, only like reading when its fiction or a good biography, have major ADHD, and I just know someone has cracked this nut... So, I am going to restate my question:

You know how you can buy a complete turbo or supercharger kit for a FSVT? Is their something similar out there for a basic hop-up kit? Like a kit that comes with catback, bigger exhaust header, bigger intake, bigger throttle body, ECU mod, etc.?

Sure, I know I could probably do lots of online research here and elsewhere and ultimately come up with a collection of parts (in essence, a 'virtual kit') and then fire off a dozen parts orders, but as stated earlier I'm lazy... and that simply sounds like too much work.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
there is absolutely no NA kit out there. period. you must do it yourself.

your laziness will get you nowhere in the modding world.
if you want a one stop shop, check out CFM Performance. they are one of our sponsors and they have a ton of performance parts that will round out your ride. give em a call or go to thier site. thier customer service is top notch and so is thier parts.

get your shopping cart full enough and when it arrives at your house, the box will contain your very own "custom" kit that YOU designed[thumb]

good luck!

·
Registered
395 Posts
If your to lazy to order parts from diffrent places you should just sell your car and take a bus...lol j/k sell the car to someone whos is not lazy and will treat the svt eap right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scrammer - Touche brother. I will call the CFM folks and see where to go from there.

[email protected] - What I probably should have said was... "I'm too lazy to do the research before checking in on with the forums on Focus Fanatics first."

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
there is absolutely no NA kit out there. period. you must do it yourself.

your laziness will get you nowhere in the modding world.
if you want a one stop shop, check out CFM Performance. they are one of our sponsors and they have a ton of performance parts that will round out your ride. give em a call or go to thier site. thier customer service is top notch and so is thier parts.

get your shopping cart full enough and when it arrives at your house, the box will contain your very own "custom" kit that YOU designed[thumb]

good luck!
Yeah CFM is a great site to go to in order to get ideas when it comes to modding out the focus.

A good idea is to get a general idea of a power goal, then you know what your shooting for engine wise. Another thing that makes your car faster and perform better(and more fun to drive) but no improvement in power is a suspension set up, a short throw shifter and upgrades like that...

But yeah no NA performance package

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Awwwwz to the people that have to "order" from CFM. :) I just drive over there. :p
must be nice, im a 1 day ship away so its no big deal. plus i can drive over to Steeda

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
i gotta 4 to 7 day shipping arrival time everytime i order from CFM. Its well worth the wait though. have made lots of orders but when i do i always get lots of items because its not worth spending 28 bucks for 12 dollar spark plugs and having to pay 16 in shipping for those. so i get like the oil, filter,gas filter, k&N air filter cleaner. you know that way you can make the shipping worth what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts