Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I asked this on the old forum, everyone says the welds on it blows big ones, and the really cheap pacesetter isnt coated its painted so it tends to rust quicker than a coated header its worth it if you get it from pacesetter to get it coated its slightly cheaper than getting it done yourself, plus less wait time cause you get the header coated versus waiting for it then looking for a shop to do the work and then wait for teh shop to do the work.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Well, that famous PaceSetter black paint starts coming off in, oh, about 2 seconds after you've installed it. Aside from that, I've heard a lot of complaints about various PaceSetter products over the years. The newer products available with the ceramic coatings seem to be of a better quality, though.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
The main advantages to the coating are that it does resist the rust/corrosion that an uncoated one will get and stays nicer looking over time due to that. Haven't experienced PaceSetter build quality (the welds) firsthand though so I can't help you there...

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
like i've said before...don't waste your time...it isn't really that the welds r crap (this header hasn't cracked like most shorties)...but its that the armor coating doesn't resist shit...my header actually has marks from boiling...but i was told from pacesetter they would have no problem sending a new one out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Being young and stupid with my first car. A 91 Isuzu Impulse RS. I used Pacesetter on my entire exhaust. ABSOLUTLY was a HUGE WASTE of money. I did nothing for me. Sure the car sounded REALLY good. But I suspect I actually had a power loss. Plus their coatings are crap. Within a month of owning them. It all looked as old as a Chevy Belair. From that point on I decided if I couldn't afford the best then it didn't need to go on till I could afford it.
Gosh I still miss that car though. The focus is nice but I will always have a special place in my heart for that car.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I stand corrected. Their coatings apparently suck ass. Well, I didn't wanna come right out and say it, but since others did it for me, then I guess I can admit I would never put PaceSetter on my car. I will give them this, however - they make headers/exhaust systems for some cars that other companies don't give a crap about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What’s a good shorty header? My dealer said that if I eliminate a catalytic converter from me exhaust that my warranty is voided. So I'll buy a shorty and a high flow cat.whats the best shorty header you can buy? I was looking to maybe buy the jba shorty

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
ythrashn said:
What’s a good shorty header? My dealer said that if I eliminate a catalytic converter from me exhaust that my warranty is voided. So I'll buy a shorty and a high flow cat.whats the best shorty header you can buy? I was looking to maybe buy the jba shorty
the best?...edelbrock...but its expensive, for a solid construction...ford racing, you could do the jba of course

1 - 17 of 17 Posts