Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

First time poster, long time lurker. I am working on changing out my catalytic converter on my 2012 focus se (90+k). I am currently shopping around for replacement and I came across the pacesetter 752044.

It's not "made" for my year focus but I think I am seeing people bolt headers for mk2 to the mk3. Anyone have any insight if this would work?

I am trying to keep it legal and cheap, fyi.

Thanks for any help guys,
Drew

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello everybody,

First time poster, long time lurker. I am working on changing out my catalytic converter on my 2012 focus se (90+k). I am currently shopping around for replacement and I came across the pacesetter 752044.

It's not "made" for my year focus but I think I am seeing people bolt headers for mk2 to the mk3. Anyone have any insight if this would work?

I am trying to keep it legal and cheap, fyi.

Thanks for any help guys,
Drew

Generally headers for the MKII do fit the MKIII but the flex pipe will be hitting the frame of the car, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. Has anyone else seen an option to keep the cat but isn't oem?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
MagnaFlow makes a oem replacement. All the performance headers are catless

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jburks, I saw that out there as well, but the price I saw seemed a bit out of reach. My budget is tight. If I go with a header then I'll need a tune to get the check engine light off, right? So is that like a prepackaged thing, like plug and play?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
A tune is definitely recommended with a header. They are seperate though. A header and tune will be about the same cost as that oem MagnaFlow manifold.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
If you found a 'maniCAT' replacement for a MkII type cheaper than the Magnaflow replacement one for the MkIII it MAY be able to be fitted and work, but likely to have a close interference issue like the aftermarket performance headers mentioned.

No solid info. since I haven't seen anyone post on doing this.

IDK if any inexpensive replacements have been made yet for the MkIII, since it isn't old enough yet to create a large demand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, I'm thinking I might as well go for a header setup and find some way around the CEL to pass inspection.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmmm, I'm thinking I might as well go for a header setup and find some way around the CEL to pass inspection.

Or you could replace the cats with high flow cats. It's a pain in the ass tho to decat our stock headers from what ive heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts