Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PACESETTER EXHAUST IM CONSIDERING BUYING ONE SOON I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY OPINION AND ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PACESETTER EXHAUST CONECTS TO THE CAT BECAUSE THAT WAT I WAS TOLD AND I WASNT SURE IF THAT WAS TRUE

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
it will connect to your flex pipe which is right after the cat. I believe the pacesetter is only a 2 inch pipeing, kinda small if you plan on modding. if your on a budget like me than mbrp is the way to go..MBRP LINK! I love mine![thumb]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Pacesetter is 2.25" piping and EXTREMELY quiet. FJ's exhaust shootout shows that it's actually quieter than stock. If you'd like it louder you could take out one of the resonators.

I had mine on for 2 years and didn't have a single problem with it. The only reason I switched is because I wanted more sound and the rumble of a borla.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOULD THE PACESTTER STILL BE QUITE IF IT WAS RAN WITH A PACESETTER SHORTY HEADER AND AN R/T HIGH FLOW CAT ? AND ARE THE PERFORMANCE GAINS OF THE PACESETTER WORTH THE 250 PRICE TAG

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I had that exact setup and was happy with the gains and sound. It still wasn't loud because of the resonator. Hell, it was barely loud enough to hear from the inside. You would need to get a flexpipe to extract all of the power.

Shop around. You should be able to find it for $199. If not, you might want to go with the MBRP. It's louder, but a VERY good exhaust.

If you had gotten on here Monday you could have gotten my old Pacesetter header and RT cat for $150+ shipping. lol

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
CarbonZX3, it'd be a little louder but no where near loud enough to get tickets. I had the pacesetter shorty header, RT cat, bosal flex and pacesetter catback and it was still really quiet. You probably wouldn't even really notice it until you went full throttle or above 3800+ rpm's.

Even with the FC race header it was pretty quiet. Just a few db louder than with the shorty/rt cat combo.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
My personal experience with the Pacesetter products might not be the same as the others, but I liked it. You couldn't really hear it so no one knew you had a 2.25" exhaust. The header I got wasn't jet-coated, so it's pretty ugly but performed quite well when coupled to the RT cat and bosal flex. Plus, it looks stock, which is a good thing if you need to get inspected.

People on this site will tell you to stay away because of horror stories but most of those people haven't even tried the product. Maybe I just got good stuff when I ordered it. If you do have any problems with it, according to the "horror stories", it'll be that the welds on the header cracked. $20 bucks and a visit to an exhaust shop to have it rewelded fixes that problem if it ever comes up. I've never heard of a problem with the cat-back itself.

I encourage people to give it a shot, especially if you're in an area where loud exhaust can get you in trouble with the cops. If you're worried about the 2-3hp loss, get nitrous.

·
Registered
743 Posts
if you prep them before you put it on it will last, its not stainless steel. you couldnt tell i had a race header till above 3k rpms

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
DO NOT BUY A PACESETTER...... they are extremely crap, they are not made very well and will rust off the car.....

If your looking for a cheaper, but high quality catback, check out MBRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
S2 said:
DO NOT BUY A PACESETTER...... they are extremely crap, they are not made very well and will rust off the car.....

If your looking for a cheaper, but high quality catback, check out MBRP.
So MBRP vs. American Thunger - what's the verdict?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
MBRP...........

I've never even heard of the American Thunder catback, my god...... LOL Who makes that?

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
flow master, I've herd them ...sounds like ass!! , real tinny! hate it! my MBRP is loud, but awsome..lovin it! Borla sounds real good too & not quite as loud with a deeper tone.[thumb]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Sorry, I've heard of FLOWMASTER, for sure, but I thought the company was called 'American Thunder'.......

Regardless, Flowmaster is great for V8's, sounds aweful (at least to me) on a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
As I stated before, I had my Pacesetter exhaust on for about 2 years and never had a problem with it. It did not rust out and when I took it off it was in really good condition. Hell, the black paint still coated every inch of it. I drove my car in snow, ice, 100 degree heat, high altitudes in Denver and there was nothing wrong. Two winters with salt on the roads and no rust at all.

It was a good exhaust for me and I expect nothing less out of it for anyone else. It's great if you want to keep your exhaust decibels down because it's quieter than stock, but it's 2.25" piping.

I'd love to see what other Pacesetter users have to say since I had no problems with it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
well i had mine for 4 years. it sprung a leak on the muffuler. i think cuz i had to twist the cat back to make it fit up to my header. ill say go for it. if they made a 2.5 exhaust i would get one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts