Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace the P6's. I'm thinking Fuzion HRI-same size. Are Bridgestone G009's worth the extra $130? I'm looking for all season tires-not too concerned about snow. Any problems with going to 205/55/16?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
probably just screw up the tach a little bit. Avon tech m550 is a new tire and it is supposed to be awesome. Look into that tire as well.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If cost is an issue look into some Falken 512's or Kumho ASX's. Both are good all season tires. The 205/55's are a little tall. We use that size on the stock 16's for our snow tires. They only rub at full steering lock. The height will affect your speedo (it will read slower but it won't affect your tach as it reads engine RPM not wheel RPM). It will also result in a lower numerical gearing ratio (will hurt acceleration a little).

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
oops, my bad, that is what I meant to say. speedo, not tach.
Speedo reading is 3.4% too slow when going to the 55 profile. WHen your speedo say 60 mph, you are actually traveling at 62 mph.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 advantage to the Fuzions or Bridgestones is that when you sign up for a Firestone Credit card, you get 10% off 1st purchase and 90 days same as cash. On Tirerack, the feedback is pretty good for the Fuzions, especially for the price. It also looks like the 6" rim is too small for 205/40/16.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the Fusion ZRI tires and they are awesome. Very sticky. And a really quite ride. I'd expect the HRI's to be just the same. I have ZRI's on my 18" wheels and i have a set on my stock 16" Both sizes are very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts