Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I RECENTLY CAUGHT THE DREADED P1518 CODE FOR THE IMRC.. SO WITH THE HELP OF THE THREAD IN FOCUS FANATICS I FIXED IT..SO I THOUGHT... DID EVERYTHING CORRECTLY I THOUGHT.. BUT WHEN I GOT TO PLUGGING THE BOX BACK IN AND TURNING THE KEY THE RUNNER DID NOT MOVE AS IT PREVIOUSLY DID WHEN I TOOK IT WITH THE KEY ON... SO I TRIED TO START IT AND IT TURNED OVER ONE TIME AND NOTHING...NOW THE ODOMETER DOESNT WORK AND I HAVE NO POWER TO THE MOTOR ...KINDA LIKE WHEN A TUNE FAILS..I CANT READ dtc'S NEITHER.. IM IN NEED OF SOMEHELP HERE...SHOULD I TAKE IT BACK OUT AND TRY TO RESOLDER IT? DID I JUST BLOW MY ECM?...THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP. HOPEFULLY TOM HAS SEEN THIS BEFORE.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Start with the usual suspects before loosing your cool.

Unhook it & start checking fuses, grounds & battery connectors.

You've been working under the hood & the problem could be simple.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've never had the car not start because a tune failed. But that isn't the issue. Odometer having ------ is usually VSS, I'm not sure what you removed. I'm not sure either how you would fry your ECU, could you give more details on everything you touched... I would assume just the module not sure how that could do all this...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i have figured it out...the nut on the negative battery cable was loose , and im guessing that is ground for the wiring harness tothe ECU which in turn cause it not to read or know the mileage...Thank you elder sailor!!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You're Welcome!

And yes, a bad ground for the ECU is a common cause for ------ to show for miles in the odo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts