Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have another check engine light again and when I got it read it was "P1406 DPFE Downstream Hose Off Or Plugged (Ford" but I just replaced the entire egr tube , valve, and DPFE sensor WTF is going on any help is welcomed[thumb]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I dunno, that DFPE is a piece of ****, seems it's always causing problems. Did you replace that stuff or FORD? NO warranty?

Just get a SCT chip, get the EGR delete and call it a day....lol

But seriously, it could be a hose, probably the damn DPFE again or something, who knows with that damn thing.

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No warranty left so im stuck with this one When I put on my race header I replaced the tube and valve, and it was fine for about a week the that came on so I went and got a new DPFE sensor and it was fine for like two days. I think when I order my flasher from Wayne Ill have him disable the egr but until then what can I do I have replaced everything but the intake mani [dunno] what to do but I think this could be a reason why I am also getting so $hity gas milage by running in a closed loop mode. But is there anything else I could raplace maybe the tubes vacuum lines or what. Please help I know someone out there has had to have the same promblem.

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump, help please

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mike, clear the codes, disconnect the two hoses to the DPFE. Switch them at one end or the other. drive the car for several days (it takes forever for that code to set, it seems)

I've gotten that code from reversed hoses before, and since you've already replaced everything, that'd be my first best guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The hose comming from the orifice tube to the DPFE that is CLOSEST to the EGR valve goes on the DPFE port marked "REF." And no, this isn't causing you to have bad gas mileage.

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got in the car tonight and it seems that it has fixed itself, but its done that before and has come back guess Ill just have to wait and see[dunno]

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
I've gotten the same error twice since my OBX 4-2-1 went in...I figure its probably a sign that the DPFE is on its way out, but is functional for the time being. The first time I tore everything apart and checked the hoses for clogs, the second time I just reset the ECU and it didn't come back.

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its back on again but I have replaced everything but the tube that goes into the itanke itself, so I have no clue whats going on so im just getting the code cleared at advanced auto parts no and then Ill reset the ECU when I get home tonight [dunno] but this is starting to get enoying

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate this thing whats up with it? It comes on for what seems like 100 miles then goes off for like 100 miles whats up with this[???:)]

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUMP help please[???:)]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Our computer goes into self test mode around or at 100 miles every 100 miles. Best to reset(disconnect for 5 min) then drive easy for 100 miles. If the code flies again get a new down pipe senser. What are your mods??? P.M. me I my have the RIGHT answer.

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are my mods
OBX 4-2-1,Fs flex pipe,MBRP catback,Ported throttle body,FC race shifter,FC intake,FC cam gears,FR wires

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just a thought.....you have changed the exhaust system a LOT from what the factory ECU is expecting to see on the DPFE sensor. There might actually be nothing 'wrong' with anything other than the pressure is much reduced due to the performance equipment doing what you installed it to do.

The suggestion of eliminating the EGR system via chip or flash is the best one I have read and might be the only good way to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This stuff isn't rocket science. Take the car to a competent garage... your start needs to be watching the DPFE PID on a proper scanner while manually manipulating the EGR valve with a vacuum pump. Ya need to do this to first determine if there is indeed an EGR flow problem or if the ECU just "thinks" there's a problem. This is the main downfall to this EGR design...the sensors detecting the operation have more problems than the operation itself. The upside to this EGR setup is that its very easy to troubleshoot and repair.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
15 years later............

1 - 18 of 18 Posts