Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done tucking the wires in my D-tec engine bay. Throwing code P0507 now. Means Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected. I never touched the wires from the TPS at all during the tuck and am confused as to why it would work before and not after.

One note I did forget to disconnect the negative battery cable till about halfway through the tuck. Think I shorted something out or blew a fuse? I dunno.

The car runs great besides that. No problems. Runs very strong so I dunno. Help me out here.

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
I think my car threw that code a while ago and I wasn't doing anything to the car at the time. I erased the code and it didn't come back.
If you don't have a DTC reader/eraser than unplug the battery for about 10 minutes. Step on the brakes while it's unplugged to make sure all the juice is out of the system.
That should erase the code and hopefully it won't come back.
Hopefully it's just a coincidence.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that and didn't work. Still idling weird. It is so frustrating too. I can't even express how mad I am.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soooo I figured it out. Took out the Idle are control valve and was inspecting it. Touched that little o-ring inside and I almost @#$%ing shit myself when i did. A little peice of melted solder fell out...... OH MY GOD!!!!! @#$% me in the.... yeah.... Anyway runs like a champ now! So freaking happy! Note to self. When soldering with the intake off, cover the freaking throttle body!!! Stupid moron. I am so lucky it didn't make its way into the motor.... Gosh. What a moron. Ah well ya learn from your mistakes I guess. I am so happy though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know that old but you can just do a PMC reset or air box reset on FORScan and the pcm will relearn de new vacuum of the air box this code can be trigger if you change for a high flow filter like a K&N.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts