Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2012 Focus SE with 214,000 miles on it. I keep getting a P0452 code and can't seem to figure out how to get it to go away. Anyone else ever have this issue? Tip? Tricks? Black magic? I replaced just about every sensor I could think of 馃槀

Registered
I hope you weren't changing engine sensors as that is an evap system code.........there may be a purge recall issue there.

Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
Gas cap, evap canister, hose that goes in engine bay and or some kind of valve that purge the gasoline vapour.

I鈥檓 getting sporadically the 0456 or 0442 codes on mine which are small leak or very small leak and I just erase the codes with a odb tool and they don鈥檛 come back for months.

The dealer told me that it can be diagnosed by running fluorescent gas in the line and seeing potential leaks but unless the issue becomes permanent on mine I will not care.

You could start by replacing the gas cap, then the canister switch, then the canister itself and move your way front.

You won鈥檛 break down on the road because of that.

Registered
When the valve sticks the fuel tank begins to collapse. Then fuel module starts reading wrong fuel level and can run out of gas with some still in tank but not at pump. Engine goes rich too and can mess plugs up to possibly make engine die. Several things based on how problem grows and how bad it is.

Thinking two valves may be there, one in front and one in back. You have to have one up front to suck on tank and one at tank to close to set vacuum against it.

Registered
Ford Focus SE Sport 2003
When the valve sticks the fuel tank begins to collapse. Then fuel module starts reading wrong fuel level and can run out of gas with some still in tank but not at pump. Engine goes rich too and can mess plugs up to possibly make engine die. Several things based on how problem grows and how bad it is.

Thinking two valves may be there, one in front and one in back. You have to have one up front to suck on tank and one at tank to close to set vacuum against it.
My friend did that about three years ago for me and we definitely changed something that was near the evap canister.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.