Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to track down this 442 problem. I've tried a couple different gas caps, an after market and a Ford cap. I've looked at all the hoses I can see and they look fine. I can't seem to locate the vapor cannister though. Can anyone describe it's position?

2000 Focus 2.0L Auto.

Also, I have found the purge valve with the smoke input port. Is there a way for me to use that or is that a dealer thing?

Thanks,
TJ

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm having the same problem...I've also replaced a couple hoses(the rest look new) and gas cap like SSisbest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it. It's in front of the gas tank and man is it a pain to get off. It's in a plastic box and there are 3 nuts attaching the box to the underside of the trunk. After removing the nuts, the three metal flanges over the tabs on the plastic box catch the threads of the bolt studs and won't release the box. I had to slide an allen wrench under the tabs to get them to release and still had to pull pretty hard. Then there's a plastic hose connection between the box and the gas tank I was able to get released with a screwdriver. Finally, a good pulling/twisting motion will get the last hose released. That hose was connected to the cannister purge valve. Part # for the valve is F75E-9F945-CA which I've ordered and hope that solves my problem. Mine has some cracks in a boot on the hose end so I'm guessing that's my leak. Wish me luck.

Part number for the vapor cannister is YS4X-9E857-AF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.