Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to class today (25 mile drive) when I was a couple miles away from school I went to go at a light and my car stalled when started it back up I got the P0352 code on my scangauge and the engine was running rough and made very little power. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do to get home? or things to try? There is an advance auto close to the school on my way home.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that something I should try to change in a parking lot or try limping it home and deal with it?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
As long as the bolts aren't rusty you can change it fairly easily in a lot. It is four screws that hold it in, torx bit IIRC.

You should also take a close look to make sure it isn't the harness leading into it. Those have been known to fry, but there have also been a rash of cracked coils going around lately.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the Ignition coil yesterday did not fix it. Going to see if it is plugs or wires today. anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't notice any burnt or frayed do is there a way I can test it otherwise?

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Seriously look at the harness that plugs into the coil...........you could also have water in your spark plug boots, if you went through water recently. Think about the jerking action when your car stalled..........you yanked a wire loose somewhere. More than likely the connector on the coil has loose wires leading into it.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You can check to see if the plugs are firing. Can you feel it miss while it is driving? Have you looked at the condition of your plugs and wires? Do you know when they were last changed?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can check to see if the plugs are firing. Can you feel it miss while it is driving? Have you looked at the condition of your plugs and wires? Do you know when they were last changed?
to me it feels like one cylinder just ist firing both at idle and at any revs. I haven't changed the wires I changed the plugs 4 months ago

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Check the rubber boots for your IM and feel around them making sure they are sealed properly.

I know when I had massive vaccum leaks after my IM popped (broken vac hoses) that until ALL were fixed it idled and sounded like poop.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
When you changed the plugs, what did they look like? What did kind of plugs did you put back in?

How many miles have you put on the car since you've owned it?

I'd also do like Missourileo said and take a real close look to see if there is any moisture or crispy spots on the harness that goes into the coil. I'm assuming that the wires are bad, since you haven't changed them ever. I'd also check to make sure the plugs are gapped correctly. It is a bit of a reach, but eliminate the things that are free to do before spending any more money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

I have some crisp on the harness leading to the coils, i tried new coil, wires sparks, didnt do jack. Then ford put in a used PCM replacement and it lasted about a month but now idling and coughing again. 2002 ford focus with the zetec engine. I think it is totaled. Harness nearly impossible for even ford to get and PCM is another $800. Car has 93k miles. R.I.P? or is there an easy fix?

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
More description of what you have done, to help us narrow it down a bit more ok bud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts